I’m addicted to my blackberry!!!!
I know a lot of people have been waiting for me to make this confession. Side-eye at Tinu, Akin, and many others. But I’m proud to say I’m not the only one in my league,and if you own a blackberry, you will understand why I am so inseparable from this device. It’s HARD!!!
I’ve always known that I had a problem with the internet. I could sit in front of my laptop for 8hrs straight doing what some would regard as a waste of time, but what I regard as a hobby. Now unlike some people who just facebook and tweet, I read blogs, download stuff, play games, and loads more.
Before I got my blackberry, my faithful Samsung endured my thirst for the internet and I constantly drained it’s battery power. I was anti-blackberry late last year till early this year and I’m glad I was because I had a major exam and I don’t want to imagine what would have become of me if I had one during that period. Then, I just found out that my insatiable thirst could only be satisfied if I got one of these addictive RIM products. And I did, as a present from my dad.
Here are the things that have changed in the past 4months:
1. My phone hardly rings. The only people who call me often are my parents. Then maybe a few friends,iPhone rebels and some nokia users. Everyone else is just a PING away.
2. My life has become digital and virtual. I have made a few friends thanks to BBM and twitter… 47!!!
3. Sadly,I have cultivated the habit of packing my charger every time I am leaving my room no matter how tiny my purse is. And I’m never to shy to plug it to any free socket I can find regardless of where I am. On my list of awkward places are restaurants, hair salons, photo studios, houses I visit *embarrased*. It’s not my fault that they don’t come with long battery lives.
4. I don’t know how to type on my laptop again 😦 I’m so used to blackberry’s auto-text and pressing a key for long for capitals and its always so hard using my laptop. The keys are so far apart and I just keep making silly mistakes all the time
5. I am always in the know- if BBM doesn’t inform me, twitter will, and if twitter doesn’t facebook will. And if all of them are not interested, my favourite blogs never fail to disappoint.
6. Conversations are easier- now all of you can hate for as long as you like, but you have to agree with me on this one! My friend bought me a pair of shoes last week and I got to pick the ones I wanted cause she could send me pictures easily! Say whatever you want but whatsapp, 2go and the other chat platforms ain’t got nothing on BBM!
7. My blackberry is truly a SMARTphone. It has my Bible, my lecture notes, my diary, my calender, my daily planner and most of all, my friends live it in 🙂
My blackberry was sick for 10days and I actually survived. A few friends called asking me if I had fallen of the edge of the world and when I finally got it back from the doctor, I realised how much I had missed it and how dear it is to me.
So maybe I am a bit addicted to my blackberry. Maybe I am a “chronic pinger”. But! Before you start pointing fingers at me, walk in my shoes. Own a blackberry. Three thousand naira used to be a big deal, but somehow somehow, the money always comes once that time of the month gets close.
To my faithful blackberry, no matter what they say, I will always love and cherish you. You make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know dear how much I love you. Please don’t take my BB away.
If you don’t have a blackberry and you are still hating, you know what they say, “If you can’t beat them, join them”. *wink*
I’m addicted to my blackberry!!!!